We all know the curse of the acne; those little red bumps all over your face and body can be a real hit to your overall self-esteem. People spend large sums of money to get clearer skin, but you don’t have to waste money over expensive, often useless treatments when you have these amazing home remedies for acne at your disposal.
Green tea has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties that help fight acne. You can opt for the traditional method and drink a cup of green tea every day, or you can cool it down and use it as a facewash. You can also place a bag of green tea over the affected area for faster relief.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has anti-inflammation properties, and a 5% solution of it can help clear up acne:
- Take a few drops of tea tree oil and mix it with 20-40 drops of witch hazel.
- Use a cotton swab to apply to the affected area.
- Do not repeat this for more than twice a day as it can dry your skin, increasing the acne.
Honey is the best friend for people who love home remedies; it has loads of benefits, such as its antibiotic properties which can help improve acne:
- Take about 1 teaspoon of honey and apply it to the affected area.
- Alternatively, take half a cup of honey and mix it with 1 cup plain oatmeal to make a mask. Apply and leave it on for 30 minutes, then rinse it off.
Chamomile can help decrease the inflammation caused by acne:
- Take 1 teabag of chamomile and open it to reveal its contents. Mix these and enough water to make a paste in a coffee grinder. Apply this to the affected areas.
- Or, take 2 teabags of chamomile and steep them in 1 cup of boiled water for about 15 minutes. Cool it down and dab it on your face with the help of a cotton ball.
Mint is excellent for getting rid of oils that cause the pores to clog. You can use mint to prevent acne from occurring:
- Take 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint and mix 2 tablespoons of yogurt and 2 tablespoons of oatmeal (in powder form).
- Apply this to your face and leave it for 10 minutes. Then, rinse with water.
Reference Links for Article: https://static.toiimg.com/photo/69263895.cms, https://www.healthywomen.org/sites/default/files/green-tea.jpg, https://images-prod.healthline.com/hlcmsresource/images/topic_centers/tea_tree_oil-732×549-thumbnail.jpg, https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/gettyimages-183354852-1558479028.jpg, https://i0.wp.com/images-prod.healthline.com/hlcmsresource/images/chamomile-tea.jpg?w=1155&h=1528, https://cdn.cdnparenting.com/articles/2018/05/218117728-H.jpg